Wednesday, October 29, 2014

end and beginning

Day 29 of



It's been a little over a year since the bomb blew up.  I waited patiently for the year mark because once it passed it meant I would have gone through everything at least once.  On the anniversary of different days, different experiences, different hardships, and different memories that we had walked through I will have the ability to say God brought me through it last year and He'll keep doing it this time around.

It blows my mind how many things God has taught me, truths He has tattooed on my heart.  It blows my mind still that there are so many more to go, and humbles me to know that I am so dear to Him that those truths will never stop coming.  It has no dependency on me and what I've accomplished, but everything on who He is and how much He loves and cherishes.

I am not the same person, and wasn't that His goal all along?  To rid me of myself so He could fill me completely with Himself.  To mold me as my Potter, to enhance me with His character, as the author of my story.  Won't He still continue to do so throughout my life?  That is a great and resounding yes.

Before it all blew up, my goal was to live steadily.  No see-saws for me, no ma'am, keep me in the middle where it's safe and comfy.  Now, I know that comfort was false, it was nothing but hiding.  It's in the peaks and valleys where you find true comfort, because those are the times you need it, and our Comforter is the only place to find it.

We ended a year of wisdom, a year of trauma, a year of growth, a year of restoration and renewal.  We are beginning another phase.  One I don't know, one that has been written since before time began but not yet acted out.  I have hope though.  I cling to the God of Hope.  He will remain faithful, remain comforting, remain loving, remain strong.  He will simply and always remain.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I loved this line in particular: "Now, I know that comfort was false, it was nothing but hiding." Isn't that just a powerful truth, right there? Comfort feels so true and wise... but so often it is smoke and mirrors and anything but safe! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI a week later :( Sorry! Thank you for reading. Oh the smoke and mirrors we like to create around us to keep us from seeing the truth when in the end the Truth is exactly what we need!

      Delete
    2. HI a week later :( Sorry! Thank you for reading. Oh the smoke and mirrors we like to create around us to keep us from seeing the truth when in the end the Truth is exactly what we need!

      Delete
  2. Amen! God will always be with you, for you and in you. May he continue to bless you on your journey of healing, renewal and strengthening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is indeed faithful! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way that I identify the most with the significance of the year marker is from my daughter's diagnosis (we learned that she was deaf when she was a little over 2 years old). I don't know why we are so inclined to measure time the way we do or to find comfort in it, but I think it's pretty common. There may be other markers for you friend. For me it was the time that I had known "deaf Sedona" longer than "hearing Sedona". For the record she was always deaf, we just didn't find out until later. Be encouraged that you are not alone. Obviously God has revealed so much to you through your journey and the fact that you have had the courage to share these truths with the world is just incredible. I can only imagine the awesome things that are in store for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the marker I am most looking forward to is the one, whenever it may be, where I look and this whole thing is just one little bump in the distance and not a mountain that can always be seen hovering over. I have full confidence that that will happen. I continually am in awe of how God can pull ppl together not by the experiences we each go through individually but by the lessons he teaches us through them and how they are needed by all.

      Delete
  5. Lovely. I particularly love this: out. I have hope though. I cling to the God of Hope. He will remain faithful, remain comforting, remain loving, remain strong. He will simply and always remain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post, straight from you heart to mine that blessed me, and encouraged me to reach out to you and thank you for the wonderful HOPE posts this month which have blessed and encouraged me daily. You are one awesome woman of God. May he be powerfully with you in the year to come as you continue to grow in your leaning upon His everlasting arm.
    Love,
    Mary, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary thank you so much for following along! I am thankful for any encouragement you may have gotten. If God uses me to encourage anyone I consider it such a blessing. Romans 8:18 has become a favorite verse! And how wonderful to learn where you are from! A friend lived in New Zealand for a couple years after college. I didn't know her at the time but am close with her now and have heard many wonderful stories about her time there!

      Delete